I never want to forget the day that we welcomed our precious son into the world. I remember thinking right after he was born that I needed to make mental notes of everything. I swore to myself that I would not forget one detail, but as time has marched on I am realizing some of the details are slipping away. So, I want to capture as many as I can!
Part I
January 4th of 2010 was the day that Nick and I started the most wonderful journey. It was the day that I found out I was pregnant. I remember I was home that day and I was doing laundry. I had a sneaky suspicion that I might be pregnant, but at the same time I thought naa I’m probably not. Finally, I couldn’t stand it any longer. I had to know. However, it was 5:00 pm and the test said that it was best to take it in the morning. So, I would walk to bathroom and get the test out and think, ok, I am really going to do this and then I would think no, I need to wait until the morning. I went round and round until finally the sheer desperation of wanting to know completely gave way to my more practical self that was telling me to just wait. I remember I said a prayer right before I took the test asking God to prepare my heart for whatever the result would be. Then I went back into the bathroom and took it! I set the test down on the counter without looking at it. (I used one of the Clear Blue digital tests that tells you in words.) Then I left for the five minute wait time. I remember being so nervous to look at the test. I crept back into the bathroom and for some reason I closed my eyes. Then I lifted up the test and opened my eyes, and when I did I saw these letters P R E G N A N T. I remember blinking a couple of times and looking again. It still said the same thing. A flood of joy washed over me and I got down on my knees and thanked God for this wonderful blessing. Then the joy was shortly followed with the fear that maybe the NOT just hadn’t showed up yet. So, I spent the next hour or so carrying the test around where ever I went. I kept checking to see if the dreaded NOT had showed up yet. I even slept with it on my nightstand during the night and checked it several times just to make sure nothing had changed. :) After finding out such great news I was bursting at the seams to tell Nick. I was really nervous to tell him though. I always thought that when I found out I would tell him in a really cute and creative way. That didn’t happen. He was working late and I knew he was really busy. I thought I should wait until he gets home and surprise him. But, it happened again, my dying to tell him self gave way to my more logical self. So, I called him crying (happy tears) and just blurted it out. He had to ask me to repeat what I just said because he couldn’t understand me due to the choking sobs. He sounded happy but he was in something called a frac van with a bunch of guys so he couldn’t really say much, but I knew he was happy. We were both so very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment